- 3TB hard drive that works with Time Machine in OS X.
- The Apple Time Capsule also acts as a full-featured Wi-Fi base station, with the latest 802.11ac â€“ connection speeds up to 3x as fast as 802.11n.
- A great, no-hassle, cable-free backup solution â€“ connect via Wi-Fi with any Mac. Easy setup for iOS and OS X.
- Three Ethernet ports on the back allow for expandability and networking. 6.6-inch height; 3.85-inch square base.
- A new, higher-location for its 6 antennae helps disperse your Wi-Fi signal.
Back up a lifetime's worth of memories with AirPort Time Capsule, a wireless hard drive that works seamlessly with Time Machine in OS X. It's also a full-featured Wi-Fi base station with the latest 802.11ac technology and simultaneous dual-band support. AirPort Time Capsule includes a 3TB hard drive that works with Time Machine in OS X to create the perfect no-hassle backup solution. There are no cables, and you can back up all the Mac computers in your home to a central location - automatically, wirelessly, and in the background. With 802.11ac technology and a powerful beamforming antenna array, AirPort Time Capsule gives you up to 3x faster Wi-Fi and a stronger, clearer signal. And because it transmits at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time, your wireless devices will automatically connect to the best available band for the fastest performance possible. With the antennas at the top of the elevated design, AirPort Time Capsule now has a higher platform for dispersing the signal. Also the number of antennas has increased. There are now six of them - three for the 2.4GHz band and three for the 5GHz band. Together with 802.11ac technology, they let you connect faster, farther, and with more power than ever before. Connect your DSL or cable modem to AirPort Time Capsule and use the built-in setup assistant to create your new wireless network in just a few taps from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you're using a Mac, use the built-in AirPort Utility. Setup is fast & easy. Any Wi-Fi device you have will work with AirPort Time Capsule. That's because it's compatible with devices using the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, & 802.11ac specifications. Since AirPort Time Capsule features a built-in firewall that protects your network from malicious Internet attacks, you can enjoy the web with peace of mind. System Requirements - Setup and Administration - Mac with OS