- Why measure in the ear? The ear canal is the best site to measure a fever because of its close proximity to the eardrum, which shares the blood supply of the brainâ€™s temperature control center. This site allows for a more accurate reflection of the bodyâ€™s core temperature.
- Exclusive pre-warmed tip technology is designed to minimize the cooling effect of the tip inside the ear canal, providing accurate measurements time after time. Always replace disposable lens filters to maintain accuracy and hygiene.
- Unique positioning system uses a light and beep to confirm proper positioning.
- Night light feature helps take a temperature even when it's dark.
- Memory function recalls the last 9 temperature readings.
The Braun ThermoScan Ear Thermometer measures the infrared heat generated by the eardrum and surrounding tissue. Since the eardrum shares blood supply with the temperature control center in the brain, the ear accurately reflects the core body temperature. When the temperature rises, it is immediately detectable in the ear. The result: the ear is an excellent site to measure temperature. Braun ThermoScan is the No. 1 brand among doctors and pediatricians.